Monday, May 10, 2010

Great weekend, the Woodlands, movie, pancakes and grandaughters!

I left Thurs. for Houston airport to pick-up my friend from W. Texas.  We have been freinds since we were 10 yrs old..believe me that has been a very very long time!  I picked her up and we headed to Katy to the Outlet Mall and to the Archiver's Store.   On the Katy Mills Mall...No...on the Archiver's Store..YES!  I luved the store.  I am not into scrapbooking but I do own a Cricut Expression...still in the box!  I have good ideas that just need to born into something, hopefully with the help of my grandaughters!  We went back to the Woodlands and checked into our hotel and shopped a little and went to the movie, "The Last Song"  book by Nicholas Sparks - yes!  movie...nope..wasn't that great!   We had a late night supper at Denny's and feasted on pancakes!! Soooo good!  The next morning we hit the Woodlands Mall and the Market Square.  Never enough time for all of that..I love the shopping there and it was great to spend time with my friend.  We shop and never miss a word in conversation!!  After shopping all day her daughter met us and she went to spend the rest of the weekend with her family and I headed home.  Jayda had her last ballgame Sat. morning and they won again!!  My oldest son was home for the weekend.  My youngest son went out of state to a church conference with his pastor so his wife and the little girls went to church with us.  After church my husband treated us mothers to mexican food.  We had told the little girls they could try swimming Sunday, even though it was very cool.  They had to try it and it was cold but they said it wasn't..ha!  We let them swim for about 15 min.  We came in everyone took a nap and my oldest son went back home to Dallas.  After naps my daughter in law and the girls left to go celebrate mother's day with her mom.  It was a wonderful day other than my youngest son not being here.   After much reflection I have to say I am soooo blessed!!!  I love my family and being a mother and grandmother is all I want!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun trip....I need to check those places out...I have not been to Houston in years...Market always takes me to Dallas....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great wonderful time
    I love that scrapbook store
    I can just browse around for a long time
    I love the paper like quilters love material (o:
    I can't get going on scrapping even though I love it...slump
    I wanted to see the baby movie this last weekend...it was just to full

    ReplyDelete