Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Our Little Movie Theatre



Seems like I've seen quite a few movies lately.  Our little small town movie theatre is the neatest place to see a movie.  It is called the Rio.  Monday night is Sr. citizen night and you can get in for $3.00, yes I said $3.  You will not find a cleaner theatre or any other kind of establishment as clean and neat as this.  It is one of the older theatres in Texas.  They do show the latest movies also.  It is usally a gathering of good friends and acquaintances you've known most of your life.  Some are the same ones you sit in church with.  There is a little mexican restaurant next door and if your hungry for mx food on Monday night that is the place to go and walk next door to the theatre.  The folks that own the theatre are the nicest!  My husband and I had a cheap date last night and saw "Get Low".  It's worth seeing, different but very good. Based on a true story. 

4 comments:

  1. I miss those days at the Rio....have not heard anything about this movie...There are very few little movie theaters still open..I think we pay 9.00 a ticket now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your description sounds wonderful. We live in the big city, but we go up to the lake a lot and it's a very small town feel and I feel so at home. And that's what we hope to retire to someday.

    I've not heard of this movie, so I need to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love our movie theater that had a 3 dollar movie
    great date for us seniors (o:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there!

    Thanks for your visit and birthday wishes!

    I haven't heard of this movie, but it sounds like a good one. I love small theaters, especially when the prices are so low. Wow!

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete