Monday, November 22, 2010
Be Thankful!
I have so much to be thankful for. A God who loves me, a wonderful, supporting and loving husband, two sons that I have this great love and respect for, a daughter in law I love as if she was my daughter and 2 grandaughters that have filled my life with more than I could ever dream of. I'm thankful for good health, a good job, sisters I love so much and friends that have meant so much by just being in my life. I could go on and on and I try to be thankful everyday and not just on Thanksgiving. But I do ponder on it more around the holidays!
I get to cook the entire dinner Thanksgiving. This is only my 3rd year to make dressing. My mother in law always made the best and I never had to make it. A few years ago I told her she needed to make me a recipe because I would be making it for her one day (she didn't have a recipe) . So that year my father in law measured everything as she made it and I got a recipe. Sad to say I never got to make it for her, she passed away 3 years ago last Sept. So that fall I made it and of course it was not near as good as hers but it gets better with practice. I made it for my father in law that one Thanksgiving and Christmas and he passed away a few days after Christmas the same year. He said it tasted as good as hers, I know he was just being kind. Now everytime I make it I think of them, I still miss them so much. I pray all of you have a BLESSED day!
My son is having a 23 lb. turkey smoked. I was like " Oh my isn't that huge"??? I need turkey recipes!! My menu is chicken/dressing/ smoked turkey (lots), green bean casserole, broccoli casserole, mash potatoes, brown gravy, sweet potato casserole, strawberry salad, deviled eggs, ham with ham sauce, pumpkin pie, red velvet cake, pumpkin roll (DIL request) and my DIL is going to bring a desert! Have I left anything out?? What is on your menu?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Happy Thanksgiving! I was so happy to see a post on your blog. Been missing you. Hope you and your family have a wonderful day tomorrow.
ReplyDelete